You got a new water meter!
We are glad you are interested in learning more about your meter and the new Neptune My360 Customer Portal!
The portal is now ready!
Click here to get started Have your water bill handy. You will need your account number (without the period) and either your full name or street address.
What is AMI?
AMI is a technology that allows the District to remotely collect and manage data from your water meter. Unlike traditional meter reading methods that require a manual reading of the meter, AMI meters use wireless communication to automatically send water usage data to our District.
- Accurate Water Usage Tracking: With AMI meters, we can accurately track your water usage in real-time. This allows you to monitor your water consumption more closely and make more informed decisions about your water usage.
- Leak Detection: AMI meters can detect water leaks in your home by monitoring your water usage patterns. If a leak is detected, we will notify you so you can take immediate action to address the issue and avoid excessive water bills.
- Turning Water-Use Data Into Action: AMI meters allow us to generate real-time usage reports. We will be able to see not only how much water you are using, but when the water is being used. This means you will be able to gain a better understanding of your water usage habits and patterns, which can help you save money on your water bills as well as save water for the environment.
- Improved Customer Service: With AMI meters, we can quickly respond to your inquiries about your water usage and billing. This helps us to provide better customer service to you.
Benefits of AMI
- Improved Accuracy: Your new meter will provide more accurate readings throughout the life of the meter. While older meters lose their accuracy over time, your new meter will stay accurate throughout the life of the meter. Your new meter will also reduce the impact of estimating your water use because of meter failure.
- Increased Convenience: With AMI meters, you will have access to your own consumption data 24/7, through the Neptune My360 portal, to all of your real-time meter and water-use information. You have the ability to set self-determined water usage alerts, monitor how much water you are using and when you are using it. And, because your water usage data is automatically collected and transmitted to our District instantaneously, the length of each billing period will now be more consistent, allowing you to see a more accurate picture of your water usage when comparing month to month.
- Cost Savings: AMI meters can help you save money on your water bills by creating usage alerts to help you detect any potential water leaks and unplanned water usage faster. Easy-to-read charts and graphs will help you make informed decisions about reducing your overall water consumption. The customer portal will also allow you to set your own water budget.
- Environmental Benefits: By helping you monitor your water usage and reduce wasted water due to leaks, AMI meters can help to conserve water and protect our environment.
We hope this information has been helpful in understanding the capabilities of your new AMI meter and the benefits it brings to you as a customer. If you have any questions or concerns about your meter or the customer portal, please don't hesitate to contact us at 801-968-9081.
We are currently installing district wide. See the progress map below. Red is pending installs and blue show finished installs.